Beer-Battered Catfish on Vinegar Slaw...try this nice fish batter recipe.....a great one !
* 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/3 cup flat beer
* Vegetable oil (for frying)
* 2 4- to 6-ounce catfish fillets
* 2 cups purchased coleslaw mix
* 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Whisk 1/3 cup flour, salt, and pepper in medium bowl to blend. Whisk in beer.Add enough oil to heavy large skillet to reach depth of 1/2 inch.
Heat oil to 350°F. Place remaining 2 tablespoons flour on plate. Coat fish with flour. Dip in batter, letting excess drip off. Fry fish until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Drain fish on paper towels.
Toss coleslaw mix, vinegar, honey, and 1 tablespoon oil in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between plates. Place fish atop coleslaw. The fish batter recipe of catfish is ready to serve....great taste !